Sunday, March 11, 2007

My First Time

This is my first experience with a blog and who better to share my first time with than Rachel Bolan!!! I adore this man for many reasons musically and personally and I'm about to share why.



I've always been a big fan of music and musicians. I couldn't have said it any better than Kate Hudson did in "Almost Famous" so I will just say I was, is , and always will be a "band-aid". It actually all started with L.A. Guns (musically) and then Blas Elias (good looking musicians). My sister and I traveled to a lot of shows and met a lot of bands. The one that stood out for a long time for me was Slaughter.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They treated us well every time they came to town or anywhere near for a while. To give credit where credit is due...Tim Kelly was the main reason those guys were the best to meet when they came around. His death was really hard for me and we really miss him!

Then I met some other musicians when I thought my "band chasing" days were over. I never thought I would ever get to meet them, they seemed "too big" when I was meeting guys from Slaughter, Firehouse, Trixter, etc. I think I was just waiting for the the new line-up to meet Skid Row. Honestly it wasn't so much a "meeting" as it was asking for a picture in the middle of a Long's Drugstore in Denver. Johnny Solinger, Snake Sabo, and Rachel Bolan were the NICEST guys as we approached them buying their necessities to ask them for the picture. I normally wouldn't have bothered them on their own personal time but I thought this may be my only chance to meet these guys. Then we met them at the Denver Coliseum in a "meet and greet" line-up after their set. Heather and I had just enjoyed a GREAT show almost got into a fight (which is a story for another time) and were ready to come face to face with these guys again.



I had never met a group of guys that were so into what they were doing and appreciating every minute of the people that support them. I told Scotti Hill that I enjoyed watching him perform and looked at me with intensity and sincerity and said, "I LOVE what I do". Johnny was amazing, it was like he had been the Skid Row frontman since the beginning. Snake and Phil were having fun at the end of the table and we just felt so welcome by them. I could go on about each one individually, for now I'll start with Rachel.

We met the guys a few more times after that, but there was one time that stood out. It was at the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo. The tour buses were openly accessible, except for the guards, but when we yelled for Rachel, Snake and Scotti, they didn't hesitate to come and greet us. I had taken the chance of bringing in my scrapbook that I had made all about Rachel and SUCCESS....he saw it, took the time to go through it and tell me a little bit about some of the pictures before signing it. I really can't put into words how this meeting made me feel. Even after the show we were outside by the buses again and when Rachel came out to go find himself a funnel cake, he came over and talked to us more like we were old friends, gave me a hug, then got back on the bus. In later posts, I will probably go on more about these guys and even more about Rachel.

I just want to take this time to thank all the guys from Skid Row. You guys play your hearts out because you love it and the fans love it, and it shows!!



To Rachel, you are an awesome person, and amazing musician. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

And to the readers, check out their site to hear their new music and check on tour dates!

No comments: