Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Introduction of Gunh

"Gunh" - pronounced just like it looks - is a word that came into existance about 9 years ago. Christina & I had gone to the Sheraton Hotel to watch Colorado Avalanche players, in town for training camp, walk to and fro. Our plan was not to talk to any of them or bother them at all; we just wanted to look. And we saw some beauties! Valeri Kamensky and Sandis Ozolinsh walked right by the bench we were sitting on talking to each other in Russian, Peter Forsberg sauntered by and Yuri Babenko wandered off into the night.

We had decided that maybe we were being too obvious and we should go inside the club and sit. Surely some Avs players would go in there, right? So we went to the front lobby and asked the clerk if you had to be hotel guests to go in. He said no, go right ahead so we turned to go and BOOM! Christina ran smack into Avalanche defenseman Adam Foote's massive chest. She looked up at him and all that game out when she saw who it was, was "Gunh!" He just laughed and said, "It's okay." The worst part was Joe Sakic, Christina's all time favorite man, was with him. But by the time she was able to see past Foote's chest, Joe was gone.

That moment provided us with a word to use whenever we saw a beautiful man that words just couldn't describe. For example:

Peter Forsberg definitely deserves a "Gunh!"

Or this....

Actually, I usually just sigh when I see Ewan McGregor...

But then there's this "Gunh"-nable fellow:

Awww...Peyton Manning....

But the reason I got to thinking about the word and the meaning of Gunh is last night I was surfing the web like I do when I'm bored at work and I found this picture that has to be the be-all end-all pictures of Snake Sabo. Sadly, here at work I can't post the actual picture so you have a do a little legwork and follow the link. To make up for it, here's a nice one of his buddy, Rachel:


We'll be posting more guys to go Gunh for soon! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Nope, sorry, can't agree on Peter Forsberg.

Heather said...

I know it's hard for you Red WIngs fans. Or do you really not think he's pretty?

Kathleen said...

I don't know, Heather, I've hated him for so long that it's hard for me to get past that. I almost had a heart attack when I heard we were negotiating to get him. Of course, I'm not sure which is worse, Forsberg as a Red Wing or Bertuzzi. Hockey is so disappointing these days.

Maybe a picture w/o the beard would help?

Heather said...

But the beard is so hot!! :)

But I'll see what I can do!